Writing high-quality website content, blog posts, social media captions, and marketing copy quickly and at scale is essential for businesses today. However, manually creating all of this content can be extremely time-consuming.
This is where AI-powered content writing tools like Writesonic come in. Writesonic is an automated content generator that uses artificial intelligence to create SEO-optimized articles, Facebook/Instagram captions, website copy, emails, and more in just seconds.
With Writesonic’s customizable AI writer, you simply enter a few keywords and adjust the settings like tone and style, and it will automatically generate polished written content for you. This saves an enormous amount of time compared to manually writing or hiring freelancers.
However, while Writesonic is one of the most popular AI content creation tools currently available, there are a number of competitors and Writesonic alternative worth considering.
In this comprehensive guide, we compare Writesonic to 15 top competitors and alternative automated content writing tools. We will overview the key features, integrations, pricing, and pros and cons of each Writesonic alternative to help you determine the best AI writing software for your needs.
Overview of Writesonic
Before diving into the top alternatives, let’s briefly overview Writesonic itself and its key capabilities.
Writesonic is an AI-powered content writer that can generate blog posts, social media posts, ads, emails, and more with just a few clicks. Some of the key features include:
- Content generation – The bread and butter of Writesonic. You can use it to create blog posts, social media updates, marketing copy, ads, emails, and a wide range of other content.
- Customizable tone and style – Writesonic allows you to adjust parameters like creativity, professionalism, humor, and more to get the perfect writing tone and style for your needs.
- SEO optimization – The generated content is optimized for SEO, including keyphrases, meta descriptions, and schema markup.
- Integrations – Writesonic integrates with popular tools like WordPress, Shopify, Medium, and more to streamline publishing.
- Multilingual writing – You can generate content in 9 different languages like English, French, German and Portuguese.
In terms of pros, Writesonic can create content very quickly and at scale once you have the settings fine-tuned. This saves an enormous amount of time compared to writing manually. The content it generates also tends to be high-quality and human readable when configured properly.
However, there are some downsides as well. It can take some trial and error to get Writesonic tuned to generate content in your desired writing style. The AI also lacks more advanced contextual awareness and creativity in generating truly unique content. Finally, Writesonic uses a monthly subscription pricing model which can get expensive at higher usage tiers.
Now let’s look at the top 15 alternative AI content writing tools similar to Writesonic.
Top 15 Writesonic Alternatives
There are a growing number of AI-powered content writing tools that compete with Writesonic. Here are 15 of the top Writesonic alternatives to consider:
Copysmith is one of the top emerging competitors to Writesonic focused specifically on long-form content. Some key features include:
- Long-form writing – Copysmith specializes in generating detailed, nuanced long-form content like blog posts and articles.
- SEO focused – The content is optimized for SEO with keyphrases, meta descriptions, headers, and more.
- Customizable tone – Copysmith has robust controls for dialing in your desired writing tone and style.
- Integrations – It integrates directly with WordPress, Shopify, and other platforms for easy publishing.
- Flexible pricing – Copysmith offers flexible payment options like monthly, pay per word, or custom packages.
Compared to Writesonic, Copysmith produces more in-depth long-form content thanks to its specialization in this area. However, it lacks some of the breadth of supported content types that Writesonic offers.
ContentBot is another powerful AI content generator similar to Writesonic. Key features include:
- Diverse content types – ContentBot can generate social media posts, product descriptions, blog posts, and more.
- Customizable campaigns – Build targeted campaigns for specific projects or clients.
- Collaboration tools – Teams can collaborate on content generation and editing.
- SEO focused – The generated content is optimized on-page for SEO best practices.
- Usage based pricing – You pay based on how many words you generate per month.
Compared to Writesonic, ContentBot makes it easier to create and share content generation campaigns across teams. However, Writesonic offers more language options.
Conversion.ai is a versatile AI writing assistant optimized specifically for sales and marketing copy. Key features include:
- Sales copy – Conversion.ai specializes in generating persuasive sales and marketing copy.
- Ad campaigns – Create targeted ad copy for Facebook, Google, and more.
- Tone adjustment – Easily tailor tone for different audiences and parts of the funnel.
- A/B testing – Test multiple versions of copy against each other.
- Dynamic variables – Custom fields allow dynamic insertion of variables.
Compared to Writesonic, Conversion.ai is more tailored for writing high-converting marketing and sales copy. However, it does not support long-form blogging content.
4. Jarvis AI
Jarvis AI is an AI assistant for content creation, note-taking, and more:
- Conversational interface – Jarvis has a conversational interface for quick assistance.
- Diverse content – Write emails, social posts, articles, speeches, code and more.
- Virtual assistant – Jarvis can also act as a virtual assistant to help with daily tasks.
- Custom capabilities – Train Jarvis on custom data sets and content.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing – Only pay for the words you generate without any monthly fees.
Compared to Writesonic, Jarvis offers a more flexible and conversational approach to AI assistance. However, Writesonic has more specialized features for long-form content generation.
5. INK A.I.
INK A.I. is an automated content writing tool optimized specifically for search engine optimization:
- SEO-focused – INK creates content optimized for ranking well in search engines.
- Research assistance – INK provides built-in research capabilities to aid content creation.
- Plagiarism checker – Automatically checks for plagiarized content.
- Promotional strategies – Assists with developing promotional plans and ideas.
- Blogger plan pricing – Special pricing tier for high-volume bloggers and agencies.
Compared to Writesonic, INK A.I. places a heavier focus on creating SEO-optimized content. However, INK lacks some of the versatility in Writesonic for different content formats.
Rytr is an AI writing tool optimized specifically for completing long-form blog posts and articles. Key features:
- Long-form focus – Rytr is designed to generate detailed long-form content like blog posts and articles.
- Idea generation – Assists with coming up with ideas and outlines for content.
- Editing assistance – Provides rephrasing and editing recommendations to refine content.
- Plagiarism checking – Checks content originality and detects plagiarized text.
- Free version – Offers a free version with limited word count.
Compared to Writesonic, Rytr is better suited for long-form blogging while Writesonic supports more diverse content types and use cases.
7. Shortly AI
Shortly AI is a creative writing assistant aimed at fiction authors and storytelling:
- Fiction writing – Helps authors brainstorm ideas and compose fictional stories.
- Worldbuilding – Build out detailed worlds, characters, lore, and more for stories.
- Editing help – Makes editing suggestions on plot, pacing, tone and more.
- Interactive stories – Lets you write interactive stories through conversations.
- Free version – Provides a free version for testing with limitations.
Compared to Writesonic, Shortly AI is much more tailored to fiction writing rather than business or marketing content.
Article Forge is an AI article and blog post generator built for SEO:
- SEO-optimized – Generates content optimized on-page for SEO best practices.
- Research assistant – Provides integrated research tools to aid writing.
- Automatic citations – Inserts citations and links from research automatically.
- Unlimited words – Higher pricing tiers provide unlimited word generation.
- Free trial – 7-day free trial to test the tool.
Compared to Writesonic, Article Forge places a heavier emphasis on on-page SEO optimization for content. But Writesonic offers more flexibility across use cases.
Articoolo is an AI content generator focused on helping freelance writers and agencies. Key features:
- Writer-focused – Built to help human writers be more productive.
- Article ideas – Generates ideas and outlines to assist writing.
- Automatic drafting – Creates initial drafts for blog posts and articles.
- SEO integration – Optimizes content for SEO best practices.
- Usage-based pricing – Pay per word generated without monthly fees.
Compared to Writesonic, Articoolo provides more specialized tools for freelance writers rather than end-to-end generation.
Verse is a conversational AI writer built for natural language use cases:
- Conversational interface – More natural language prompt-based rather than rigid settings.
- Language models – Leverages GPT-3 and other advanced language models.
- Diverse applications – Content writing, coding, spreadsheets, presentations and more.
- Chrome extension – Browser extension allows quick access to generate content.
- Free version – Provides a free version for basic usage.
Compared to Writesonic, Verse has a more natural conversational flow, while Writesonic offers more polished end-to-end generation capabilities.
Writer is an enterprise-focused AI writing solution designed for large teams. Key features:
- Collaboration – Allows teams to collaborate on content creation and editing.
- Workflows – Sets up workflows to streamline content processes.
- Custom models – Train custom AI models tailored to your writing style.
- Integrations – Integrates with marketing and sales tools through Zapier and API.
- Enterprise pricing – Custom enterprise pricing plans for large teams.
Compared to Writesonic, Writer offers more collaboration and customization features tailored for large teams, while Writesonic is better for individual use.
TextCraft is an AI writing assistant designed for SEO experts and agencies:
- SEO-focused – Generates on-page optimized content for rankings.
- Tools for experts – Advanced SEO tools like rankings tracker and competitor research.
- Curated datasets – Uses datasets focused on SEO and marketing.
- Custom models – Train custom models tuned for your clients’ needs.
- Agency pricing – Special pricing plans for agencies with teams and clients.
Compared to Writesonic, TextCraft offers more advanced SEO capabilities but is more complex and expensive.
13. GPT-3 API (Anthropic)
The GPT-3 API from Anthropic provides direct access to a powerful language model:
- GPT-3 access – Direct access to interfaces for integrating GPT-3.
- Generated samples – Anthropic provides generated samples for inspiration.
- Custom datasets – Ability to fine-tune models on proprietary data.
- Usage pricing – Affordable pay-as-you go pricing per token.
- Self-hosted – Can deploy models on-premise for security.
Compared to Writesonic, the GPT-3 API provides more lower-level access but requires technical expertise to leverage.
Sudowrite is an AI writing assistant focused on long-form content generation:
- Long-form specialization – Optimized for generating detailed blog posts and articles.
- Creative writing – Also adept at creative fiction writing.
- Outlining – Provides outlining assistance for drafting content structure.
- Tone adjustment – Controls to adjust tone, creativity, openness and more.
- Per word pricing – Affordable payment by generated word starting at 5¢ per word.
Compared to Writesonic, Sudowrite produces higher quality long-form content but lacks breadth across use cases.
QuillBot is an AI paraphrasing and summarization tool:
- Paraphrasing – Rephrases and summarizes existing text entered by the user.
- Summarization – Creates short summaries of longer content.
- Grammar checker – Checks grammar and makes correction suggestions.
- Free version – Provides limited free paraphrasing and summarization.
- Affordable pricing – Starts at just $8 per month for Individual plan.
Compared to Writesonic, QuillBot is better for editing and enhancing existing text rather than generating original content.
So those are 15 top AI content writing tools and Writesonic competitors to consider as alternatives. The key is identifying the solution that best matches your specific use cases and needs.
In the next section, we’ll overview some key factors to evaluate when choosing the right Writesonic alternative for your needs.
Key Factors to Consider
When evaluating the many Writesonic competitors and alternatives, here are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Intended use cases – What will you use the AI writing software for? Long-form blog content? Social media captions? Website copy? Tailor to your needs.
- Content type support – Some tools are better optimized for certain content types like long-form, SEO, or marketing copy.
- Customization – How customizable is the tone, style, and optimization? More adjustability is better.
- Output quality – Review samples for quality before committing. Quality varies greatly across tools.
- Accuracy – Does the tool produce factually accurate content or require heavy editing to correct?
- Integrations – Compatibility with tools like WordPress and ability to collaborate across teams.
- Pricing models – Subscription, per word, or pay-as-you-go pricing. Choose the most cost-efficient model for your usage.
- Customer support – Having available customer service provides a safety net for issues.
Take the time to thoroughly evaluate these factors against your specific needs to choose the right Writesonic alternative for your use case. Testing free trials of multiple solutions can help make the right decision.
Now let’s wrap up with some concluding thoughts and recommendations on the best Writesonic competitors.
In the fast-evolving world of AI content creation, Writesonic has emerged as one of the leading solutions for automated long-form writing. However, as we have seen, there are a number of compelling Writesonic alternatives to consider as well.
For long-form blogging content, some of the top contenders include Copysmith, Rytr, and INK A.I. due to their specialization in optimized blog posts and articles. For more conversational and exploratory writing, Jarvis AI and Verse are very strong choices.
For SEO-focused content, tools like INK A.I., Article Forge, and TextCraft integrate directly with SEO research and optimization. And for sales and marketing copy, Conversion.ai and Copy.ai are purpose-built to generate persuasive copy that converts.
The key is identifying the strengths of each Writesonic competitor and aligning with your specific use cases and content needs. Take advantage of free trials to test out a few solutions before committing.
While Writesonic pioneered the space for AI content creation, the competition is rapidly catching up and even exceeding Writesonic in some capabilities. This innovation will only accelerate, giving content creators more choices than ever for leveraging artificial intelligence in their work.
Hopefully this guide provides a helpful starting point for evaluating the top Writesonic alternatives based on your own requirements. Let me know if you have any other questions!