Video content has become an incredibly important part of digital marketing and online media.
From social videos to YouTube ads, video helps businesses engage their audiences and promote their brand.
However, creating professional videos can be time-consuming and expensive. This is where AI video generators come in. Powered by artificial intelligence, these text-to-video platforms can automatically generate videos from just text scripts.
Text-to-video AI allows anyone to quickly create realistic video content by simply typing or uploading a text transcript.
Natural language processing analyzes the text, while generative AI models synthesize realistic video complete with speech and motion.
Some tools even incorporate pre-recorded human voices and faces. The end result is a professionally generated video that would have taken hours or days to create manually.
In this post, we’ll countdown the 15 best AI-powered text-to-video generators available today. We’ll review their key capabilities and features, examples of videos created, use cases, and pricing options to fit different needs and budgets. Let’s get started!
How Text-to-Video AI Works
Before diving into the top video AI platforms, let’s briefly explain how text-to-video generators are able to create synthetic video content from text.
The process involves two key AI technologies:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) – This analyzes the input text to extract keywords, classify text by topic, and understand linguistic context.
- Generative AI Models – Advanced deep learning models that synthesize realistic human speech, faces, and motion based on the text.
First, the input text, like a video script, is processed by NLP algorithms. This extracts important semantic information from the text, like keywords, named entities, sentiment, topic classification, and linguistic context.
The NLP output provides key data to guide the video generation process. Generative adversarial networks (GANs) and other deep learning models are able to generate highly realistic synthetic voices, mouths, and movements.
Some text-to-video platforms have libraries of pre-recorded human voices and faces. The AI models learn from these datasets to create realistic impressions of real people reading the input text aloud.
The generated video frames, speech, and motion are then stitched together into a final video output. The result is an artificial narrator that can bring any text content to life as a video.
Now let’s look at 15 leading platforms using this AI technology.
Top 15 Best AI Video Generators Text-to-Video AI Platforms
There are a growing number of companies providing AI-powered text-to-video creation services. Here are 15 of the top alternatives:
Synthesia is one of the most well-known and widely-used AI video generators on the market. The platform allows users to create video content by simply typing or pasting a script.
Synthesia uses advanced AI and machine learning to generate realistic synthetic videos. The company has an impressive library of pre-recorded videos of actual people speaking, which help train the AI models. This results in very realistic video quality.
Users can choose and customize the on-screen talent by selecting different genders, ethnicities, ages, voices, and more. There are also options to dress the characters in different outfits or add customized backgrounds.
Synthesia has been used by major brands like Nestle, PepsiCo, and Cisco to automate video content creation. Pricing starts at $9 per month for basic access to the video generator.
Respeecher specializes in creating fake audio and voices using AI. While they don’t have a dedicated text-to-video generator, their speech synthesis technology can be used to automate voiceovers and dialogue for videos.
The AI models generate human-like voices with natural cadence, intonation, and pronunciation. Respeecher has been used to create voiceovers by brands like Discovery, Viacom, and more. Pricing models are customized for each client.
Wibbitz provides an enterprise-level text-to-video platform that makes it simple for businesses to turn blog posts or articles into videos. Their online editor allows users to paste text, reorder sections, and stylize footage.
The AI technology adds motion graphics, professional narrative voices, music, images, and more to transform text into polished video presentations. Major publishers like Time, Dow Jones, and Condé Nast use Wibbitz to expand video content.
Wibbitz offers customized pricing packages for different organization needs and sizes. Their technology can help teams quickly scale up video production.
Vidbeo is an end-to-end video creation platform that makes it easy for businesses and creators to produce video content. Their AI-powered tools include an automated text-to-video generator.
Simply enter your script into Vidbeo and its artificial intelligence will synthesize the narration, visuals, graphics, and effects to output a professional video. You can also customize the visual style, branding, and tone.
Vidbeo is used by companies like Dell, Microsoft, and Deloitte to automate video production. Pricing starts at $59 per month for Pro plans that include the text-to-video generator.
Clipdrop offers an AI-powered video creation app that works on both desktop and mobile devices. Users can upload a script or paste text, and Clipdrop will generate a video complete with visuals and professional voiceover.
There are options to change the voice, outlook, gender, language, and accent of the narrator. Over 1 million videos have been created through Clipdrop. Pricing ranges from free to $20 per month for advanced functionality.
Videezy by ZS Associates leverages AI and data science to automate video creation for sales and marketing teams. Users simply have to write a script, and Videezy handles end-to-end production.
Their text-to-video generator can instantly create a variety of videos including social media spots, ads, explainers, testimonials, and more. There are various pricing packages available based on video hours required per month.
Kapwing is a creative media editor that also provides AI video generation capabilities. Users can enter text, and Kapwing’s artificial intelligence will create a video presentation complete with animations and a professional voiceover.
Kapwing offers a library of pre-generated voices and styles to choose from. There is also an AI green screen removal tool, and options to auto-crop or resize footage. Kapwing has free and paid plans starting at $20 per month.
The platform is used by media teams at companies like FedEx, Oracle, NBC, and more. It’s easy to create quick videos in minutes using Kapwing’s text-to-video generator.
V.DO is an enterprise-focused video creation platform used by major companies like Deloitte, Porsche, and Siemens. Their AI-powered tools make it simple to produce videos at scale.
The text-to-video generator turns scripts into professional video narrations complete with voiceover and motion graphics. Users can also access V.DO’s library of over 1 million video clips and images to illustrate the narration.
V.DO customizes pricing based on each client’s use case and video production needs. The platform enables large organizations to automate creation of internal communications, social videos, explainers, and more.
Descript focuses on AI-generated audio creation, but also provides text-to-video capabilities. Users can input a script and Descript will synthesize a voiceover recording that sounds realistically human.
The platform uses machine learning trained on a library of real human voices. Descript videos have an authentic quality that outperforms basic automated text-to-speech. Users can also edit and refine the video within Descript’s editor.
In addition to text-to-video, Descript offers tools like speech cloning, voice editing, transcription, and more. Pricing starts at $10 per month for solo creators, or $20 per user for teams.
Artie, by video creation app Cameo, specializes in using AI to generate talking head videos. Users write or paste a script, and Artie will render a photorealistic talking head video complete with lip syncing and natural expressions.
The AI was trained on footage of real people speaking and gesturing in order to create very convincing synthetic video. Artie videos help humanize brand messaging and explanations.
Pricing has not yet been announced for Artie, as it is still in private beta. However, interested users can join the waitlist for access. Artie has the potential to produce some of the most realistic text-to-video results available.
VideoHive from Envato Studio provides video templates and tools to help creators produce visual content. One of their newest additions is an AI-powered text-to-video generator.
Users simply have to type or paste a script, and VideoHive will generate a video complete with a professional voiceover and complementary B-roll footage. The artificial intelligence adds motion graphics, colors, and transitions automatically based on the text.
VideoHive offers monthly unlimited downloads for $49, which provides access to their full library of video templates, stock footage, and the AI generator.
Filestage is a video review and approval platform that also provides AI video creation capabilities. Users can enter text for a script, and Filestage will generate a professional video complete with voiceover and visuals.
Videos are generated in HD quality and can be downloaded directly within Filestage. The text-to-video tool helps teams quickly produce videos for social, websites, training, and more.
Filestage offers various pricing tiers starting at $25 per month for up to 10 users. The built-in AI video generator makes it easy to automate video content aligned with brand guidelines.
VideoPeel is an India-based video creation platform offering smart video tools for businesses. Their AI-powered assistant, Aria, acts as an automated video producer.
Simply type a script, choose a voice and style, and Aria will generate a high-quality video with voiceover, motion graphics, and automatically curated media assets. Videos can be generated in multiple languages.
VideoPeel is designed for marketing teams that require at-scale video production. Pricing is customized based on each client’s needs and usage requirements. The platform enables easy video localization and customization.
14. Storyboard That
Storyboard That is a storytelling and video creation tool used by teachers, students, and professionals. Their newly launched AI video generator turns text scripts into video presentations complete with voiceover and complementary visuals.
Users can choose from different art styles, backgrounds, and narrator types. Storyboard That videos can be embedded online or downloaded directly. The platform offers free education plans, along with premium plans starting at $3 per month for personal use.
Rocketium is an India-based video creation platform for brands and agencies. Their AI-powered video generator can create videos from text scripts in just minutes.
Users simply have to enter a script, select a voice and character, and Rocketium’s AI will synthesize the video. There are options for different visual styles, graphic elements, colors, and more.
Rocketium also provides collaboration features to collect stakeholder feedback and approvals. Pricing for the video generator starts at ₹14,999 per month based on usage and team size. The tool makes it easy to automate video production.
Key Benefits of Text-to-Video AI
AI-powered text-to-video generators offer a number of benefits that are transforming how businesses and creators make video content:
- Speed – Videos can be created within minutes versus the hours or days required for manual production. This enables rapid iteration and responsiveness.
- Scale – Text-to-video AI allows infinite videos to be generated automatically. This level of output is impossible manually.
- Cost – Automated video production significantly reduces the time and resources needed compared to traditional editing.
- Customization – Videos can be tailored to different voices, styles, languages, accents, visuals, and more.
- Accessibility – The technology allows anyone to be a video creator, without professional editing skills.
- Consistency – AI ensures on-brand videos aligned with guidelines, even at scale.
- Localization – Text transcripts can easily be translated to produce videos in other languages.
The combination of natural language processing and generative AI unlocks transformative video creation capabilities for any type of organization.
Now let’s look at the top use cases where text-to-video AI delivers the most impact.
Use Cases for Text-to-Video AI
Text-to-video platforms enable businesses, agencies, and creators to automate a wide variety of video production needs:
- Social Media Videos – Generate product teasers, announcements, tutorials, and more for platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Marketing Videos – Create promotional videos, commercials, testimonials and case studies rapidly for campaigns.
- Video Ads – Produce a high volume of video ads for search, social, display, etc. to support paid campaigns.
- Explainer Videos – Easily create videos that explain products, services, or complex concepts through AI narrations.
- eLearning Videos – Automate educational and training videos for remote learning and development.
- Video Sales Letters – Generate persuasive sales videos tailored to different offers, audiences, and languages.
- Internal Communications – Produce company update videos, HR videos, event recaps, and more, faster.
- Lead Generation – Create customized outreach videos that speak directly to prospects and clients.
- Product Demos – Automatically generate demo videos tailored to specific product features or use cases.
- Video Localization – Easily produce videos translated and localized for global audiences.
The applications are truly endless. Text-to-video AI can automate any enterprise video need, at unlimited scale.
Next we’ll go over some key factors to evaluate when selecting a text-to-video platform.
Considerations for Choosing Text-to-Video AI
When researching text-to-video platforms, here are some important criteria to consider:
- Output Quality – Video resolution, frame rate, image fidelity, audio quality.
- Language & Voice Options – Libraries of supported languages, accents, voice types.
- Realism – Believability of synthesized voices, lipsync, motions.
- Customization – Options for visuals, fonts, colors, outfits, backgrounds, etc.
- Responsiveness – How quickly videos can be generated from text.
- Turnaround Time – End-to-end time from script to final rendered video.
- Media Libraries – Stock video, images, audio, and templates available.
- Editing Tools – Ability to refine generated videos within the platform.
- Ease of Use – Intuitiveness of the video creation interface and workflows.
- Integrations – Options to connect and export videos to other platforms.
- Support – Resources for learning and troubleshooting issues.
- Pricing – Models that fit your budget and usage requirements.
Prioritizing these factors will help you choose the right text-to-video platform for your specific video content needs and scale.
AI-powered text-to-video generators are revolutionizing how businesses, brands, and creators make video content.
As the technology continues to advance, synthetic video will become more ubiquitous across digital media and marketing.
In this post, we covered 15 leading platforms at the forefront of text-to-video AI capabilities. Each offers unique strengths and use cases to automate video production.
Key takeaways include:
- Text-to-video AI saves massive time and resources compared to manual editing.
- Generated videos can be customized extensively while maintaining brand consistency.
- The applications span video ads, social content, internal communications, training, and more.
- Output quality and realism continues to improve driven by advances in natural language processing and generative AI.
- Carefully evaluate needs and criteria to choose the right text-to-video platform.
Automated video creation eliminates the barriers of traditional production, allowing anyone to make professional videos that connect with their audience.
Text-to-video AI marks an exciting new frontier in synthesized media and the democratization of video.